Ask most women these days how are things, and you will often hear the word “busy” in their conversation. From tending to children, running businesses, blogging, and nurturing relationships, our lives are full. And one of the most important tools to help fuel our daily lives is spending time with God and His Word.
I find that early morning makes for the ideal time to grab a cup of coffee and spend a few moments in the Word of God. While I have several Bibles, I was excited for the opportunity to review Thomas Nelson’s lasted edition of The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible via the Litfuse Group.
For you convenience, this post contains affiliates. Read our full disclosure policy.
What’s Unique About The Women’s Study Bible
Being a part of an online ministry that focuses on sharing the unique voices of fellow Christian Women, I appreciate Thomas Nelson’s focus on creating a Christ-honoring resource for women by women that speaks to the heart of the varied issues concerning women. More than 80 women from various backgrounds, denominations, and life stages served on the editorial team for The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible.
If you are looking for a new Bible or a gift for a special woman in your life, here’s a few reasons why you might consider this Woman’s Study Bible:
- While aesthetics is not the primary reason for selecting a Bible, the lovely floral prints, cute fonts, and full-color will appeal to many women. For those with visual impairments, it may be a little difficult to read the script font used for headers throughout this Bible.
- Profiles of women in Scripture like Ruth, Naomi, The Virtuous Wife among many others you are familiar and others you may be less aquatinted such as The Widow of Nain
- Introduction of each book of the Bible that provides the background, themes, and outline
- Topical issues such as grandparenthood, integrity, filling emptiness, competition, decision making, setting priorities, missions and more
- Handy Charts like The Queens of the Old Testament, Prophecies Fulfilled at the Cross, Paul’s Commendation of Women
- Colored maps
- And index which cross-references all the unique features of the Bible along with a separate alphabetical concordance.
- Options to purchase in three beautiful covers as well as a Kindle edition
- bottom of the page commentary on select verses
- the Words of Christ noted in red text
Unlike another study Bible I own, this study Bible does not include the center of the page cross-references, which is often a common feature of this type of Bible. Despite this missing feature, the NKJV Woman’s Study Bible is a beautifully designed tool to help provide a more in-depth study.
For additional help learning how to study the Bible more effectively, check out Bible Study Methods: 7 Ways in 7 Days.
Where to Buy
Woman’s Study Bible Giveaway
You’re invited to receive God’s truth for balance, hope, and transformation in the fully revised and redesigned The NKJV Woman’s Study Bible. Special features designed to speak to a woman’s heart appear throughout the Bible text, revealing Scripture-based insights about how godly womanhood grows from a woman’s identity as a Christ-follower and a child of the Kingdom.
This spring, cultivate your heart’s spiritual roots and enter to win the Grow in the Word Giveaway!
One grand prize winner will receive:
Enter today by clicking the icon below, but hurry! The giveaway ends on April 27. The winner will be announced April 28 on the Litfuse blog.
What’s your favorite study Bible?